Since 1982 Spartan have designed, manufactured and supplied Australia’s most popular school bags, backpacks and accessories. No other school uniform products measure up to the performance and durability of Spartan products. All Spartan products are designed for comfort and built to last. Spartan exclusively holds the prestigious backpack endorsements of the Chiropractors' Association of Australia and Australian Physiotherapy Association.
Our ever-expanding range consists of school bags, school hats, school accessories, school socks and sports socks.
Spartan are a contracted supplier for the Western Australian Department of Education's Supply of School Uniforms and Specialty School Apparel (ETT2321/2013A).
For 34 years Spartan have been wholesaling to schools & retailers and in a new & exciting development parents & students can now also purchase individual items direct from Spartan via this web site. So if your school or retailer does not sell Spartan products, you’ve come to the right place. Simply click on the Shop Online section above and in a few clicks your order will be on its way and delivered to your door.
- 1982 – Guy Fanning and Co. formed as manufacturers and wholesalers of school bags. Operates out of offices in Airport Luggage building, Church St, Richmond.
- 1989 – Company employs it’s first full time sales representative in Victoria. This is in addition to three agents already selling Spartan bags.
- 1989 – Go Pak launched. The first ergononmic school backpack with “SLAM” system incorporating 2 shaped metal rods.
- 1990 – Spartan Pty Ltd splits from Guy Fanning and Co. and moves in to it's own premises in West Heidelberg.
- 1990 – Spartan expands product range to include school hats.
- 1995 – Spartan moves to larger 30,000 sq foot premises in Blackburn, Victoria.
- 1999 - Spartan expands it's product range to include socks.
- 2000 – Spartan gains exclusive endorsements from Chiropractor’s Association of Australia for Chiropak and the Australian Physiotherapy Association for the Physiopak.
- 2003 – After 21 years founding Managing Director Tony Hunter retires. Helen Treloar takes over as General Manager.
- 2005 – Spartan moves to larger 60,000 sq foot premises in Mitcham, Victoria.
- 2005 – Expands it’s team of Sales Representatives to 10 and it's total full time staff to over 50.
- 2007 – Spartan celebrates it’s 25th birthday.
- 2009 – Spartan sales grow to 980,000 products in the year, sold to over 3,000 wholesale customers.
- 2010 – After 23 years of service our General Manager Helen Treloar leaves for greener pastures.
- 2010 – New retail web site launched.
- 2011 - New branding launched.
- 2016 - Move to new larger premises in Knoxfield, Vic.